Monday, December 31, 2012

2013!!!



In about eight hours, we bid goodbye to 2012 and welcome a fresh new year. 2012 has not been exactly in my favor. The odds were mostly against me. I'm not complaining because at the end of it all, I realized I am tough woman who is ready to face any thing with the love and support of my family and inspiration from my children. No new year's resolutions for me. I only have goals. (See "To Do Before I'm 40" side bar.)

I am optimistic that 2013 will be better. I have an upcoming promotion to begin with and a travel getaway abroad with my beloved sisters, but my dear husband has to leave the country and work abroad. I will be officially an OFW wife on January 16th. It will not be easy. We've sat and talked with the kids, aged 4 and 3, and our little boy said that he'd rather not go to an expensive school para wag lang umalis si Daddy. Sad daw sya kasi hindi kami complete. Coming from a 4-year old, that was heartbreaking. I haven't completely absorbed that Jowell is leaving in two weeks, but when 2013 kicks in and the countdown to his departure begins, I'll die a little every day. We will survive.

2012 has been a tough year, but I'm just glad it did not end when Gangnam Style reached one billion views.  We have another 365 days to spend with our love ones, correct the mistakes of the past, reach the goals we missed. We all have another chance to be better persons. Cheers to 2013!!!

From my family to yours, a happy, blessed, and prosperous new year.

2 comments:

[vayie] said...

Aww. So that's what all those mysterious FB and Instagram posts are about. That's really a tough test for you and your family, Tetay and I pray you'll get through it. Heartbreaking talaga 'yung sinabi ni MiLo. So hard to swallow thoughts from the pure and innocent. Sana okay ka lang din. Ako nga, ito't aalis lang si Gavin for a month to stay in Binangonan naiiyak na ako eh. Pero I guess sacrifice lang talaga ang gagawin ni Jowell.

Tintin.Tetay said...

Yes, Vayie. Eto ang explanation ng mga mahiwagang posts. Sabi pa ni Milo last night, pupunta na lang din daw sya sa Dubai para mas mabilis kaming magkaron ng madaming money for his school. Imagine that coming from a 4-year old, db? Nakakadurog ng puso.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP