Monday, August 27, 2012

Yummy Sunday: Takoyaki at Mezza Norte

 

I've been eating takoyaki since I was kid. Probably back in the 80's. Samurai pa lang ang uso noon and I immediately fell in love. For those who are not familiar with takoyaki, according to Wikipedia it "is a ball-shaped Japanese snack made of a wheat flour-based batter and cooked in a special takoyaki pan. It is typically filled with minced or diced octopus, tempura scraps (tenkasu), pickled ginger, and green onion. Takoyaki are brushed with takoyaki sauce, a sauce similar to Worcestershire sauce, and mayonnaise. The takoyaki is then sprinkled with green laver (aonori) and shavings of dried bonito (katsuobushi). There are many variations to the takoyaki recipe. For example, ponzu i.e. soy sauce with dashi and citrus vinegar, goma-dare i.e. sesame-and-vinegar sauce or vinegared dashi." Sounds complicated, but it's really not. And if complicated tastes this good, I'd take complicated any time.

Takoyaki at Mezza Norte.


And oh, I'd rather have octopus than balut.






7 comments:

Homemaking and Beyond said...

I didn't know about the variations, I think I would care less for that as long as it is takoyaki still, hehe...

Jap's Okonomiyaki is also a must-try.

Kim, USA said...

I have not tried this yet. It looks really good. ^_^


Kim,USA

zoan said...

I love takoyaki! its my favorite snack when I was still in college, we don't have takoyaki stalls in here so every time I visit CDO, I always eat takoyaki:D

thanks for the visit:)

raya said...

wow! love japanese food! that looks so yummy! here for YS..:)

Leah H. said...

Interesting and I would love to try this in the future..

Visiting for Yummy Sunday- hope you can stop by...

http://myrecipecollection.info/2012/08/yummy-kfc-foods.html

PERFECTLY BLENDED said...

I'm not really fond of eating Takoyaki, but this one looks very delicious.

Inigo Boy said...

I also haven't tried this, but because of the picture, I'd love to try!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP