Monday, May 21, 2012

Update: An Open Letter to Groupon Philippines

Milo's 4th birthday almost became a nightmare. If it did, hinding-hindi ko talaga mapapatawad ang Groupon Philippines na yan!!! Puro sakit ng ulo ang dulot nila. Let me share.

Two weeks before Milo's birthday, I decided to use the uncancelled and unrefunded vouchers we purchased from Groupon last January pa. The vouchers were expiring na din, so gamitin na lang kesa hindi ma-refund, di ba? I emailed them right away to verify if the vouchers are still OK to use. A week later they replied that the vouchers were unused and are still valid. I made a reservation with Imperial Palace Suite right away. People from Imperial were very nice. They even waived the corkage of the cake since we are celebrating a birthday. Everybody happy!

On Milo's birthday, we arrived at Imperial around 6:30 PM. I gave the vouchers to the receptionist and she seated us. OK so far. When we were seated na, a staff approached me and informed me that the vouchers were CANCELLED and REFUNDED. Nag-init talaga ulo ko sa Groupon. I asked the guy if they have a contact with them as I would like to kill talk to them. Wala daw. The guy at Imperial was nice enough to tell us to go ahead and eat while they sort matters out. Nawalan ako ng gana. I swear. While my family was getting their food, hindi talaga ako mapakali. I emailed Groupon agad and as usual wala silang reply. Nag-reply na lang after 3 to 5 days. Walang kwenta!!!

I really don't know what happened in between. We ate maski inis na inis ako. Andun na kami, eh. Kung i-deny ang vouchers, eh, di magbayad, pero compute ako ng compute sa utak ko kasi I didn't have enough cash with me and intentionally left my CC at home. Kampante ako, eh. Imagine 900 x 8 plus 450 na half-charge kay Milo. Diosme!

In the end, I only paid for Milo's buffet. Eight lang kasi yung vouchers. Nakahinga ako ng maluwag pero na-trauma talaga ako sa Groupon. As soon as na-redeem ko na yubng vouchers, nag-request ako ng cancellation and in fairness, cancelled agad. Hindi man lang ako pinigilan. Hahaha.

To those who were victimized by Groupon Philippines, let us unite. They are unfair, inefficient, manggugulang! Ipa-Imbestigador natin!!!

From the DTI website:
For Consumer Complaints you may call:
  • DTI-Direct (632) 751-3330
  • DTI-NCR (National Capital Region clients) 811-8231
Or visit our Regional Office (National Capital Region clients):

Ms. Carolina I. Carbonell, Officer-In-Charge
Consumer Assistance and Protection Division (CAPD)
DTI-National Capital Region
12/F Trafalgar Plaza
105 HV Dela Costa Street
Salcedo Village, Makati City

1 comment:

Zach's Mom said...

Thanks for sharing this! I recently purchased on online deals for:
Eat All You Can By Metrodeal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP