Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yummy Sunday: Chili Cheesy Flautas



This is my version of flautas. According to the freedictionary.com a flauta is "A corn tortilla rolled around a filling, such as beef, chicken, or cheese, into a thin cylinder and sometimes deep-fried."


I made this one rainy afternoon when I skipped work.

Deconstructing the flauta:


Pictures are from their respective owners.

Instead of corn tortilla, I used a lumpia wrapper since I cooked this impromptu. I sliced the sili lengthwise and removed the seeds. The cheese were sliced into strips. I rolled the sili and cheese strips in the wrapper and deep-fried it until golden brown. Yum-my!!!

It doesn't look good enough to eat in the picture, but once you've tasted it, nakaka-addict. Try it!!!

6 comments:

jhansson said...

Hello Tin..yes it was carrots on my nilaga..wala banana dito like pinas eh kaya carrots na alng...

Sarap naman ng yummy entry mo.. Miss ko na talaga filipino foods..

☺lani☺ said...

Truly yummy! Happy Sunday!

cheerful said...

that's sounds delicious! thanks for sharing. visiting you from YS and wishing you a great week. :)

vaneneng said...

i've tried this and yes it's addictive.:) sure u had not just a yummy but a hot-sunday as well.:) visiting from YS

Mirage said...

wow, this looks good, will try to make this soon!

Perfectly Blended said...

this looks yum...with matching Nestea iced tea pa. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP