Saturday, October 16, 2010

Work and Play at Leyte

Every payday I regret resigning from Sutherland and moving to the Commission on Audit (COA), but every day in between, I know I made the right choice.

I've been with COA for only 8 months as leave-in-charge and I was given the opportunity to travel to our regional office in Leyte. Maybe it's not your dream destination, but I tell you Tacloban rocks and it's worth a visit. It's way better than Baguio in my humble opinion. Anyway, it was a working trip and we only got a day and a half to enjoy the sights and sounds. I'm definitely going back, but going to check-in a hotel rather than the COA dorm.

The dorm was an eyesore. It was left unfinished by the contractor. There were wooden scaffoldings everywhere, cobwebs, cracks on the wall, and a "ghost" roving the corridor at night. It was a pitiful (and scary) sight.

The dorm at COA Regional Office No. VIII. Something should be done quick!

Nonetheless, it was the only setback in our pleasurable trip. The people of Leyte were warm and easy to get along with. Maybe they were just being extra nice because we were visitors with a purpose (insert evil laugh here). You want to know how nice they were? They fed us lechon for lunch and had eat-all-you-can dinner TWICE in a row. I probably gained another kilo or two in my 3-day stay. Heaven forbid.


Eat-all-you-can dinner No. 1 at Stephanie's courtesy of Ma'am Ethel and Ma'am Rose.


Eat-all-you-can dinner No. 2 still at Stephanie's courtesy of COA Region 8.

On dinner number 1, I had, brace yourselves, 4 plates including dessert. On dinner number 2, I only had 3 including dessert. I had yummy Tacloban lechon on both nights. Sinful!


My dinner plates at dinner number 2.

We didn't eat lng naman the whole time we were there. We drove all the way to San Juanico Bridge just to have our pictures takes. The scenery was breathtaking. Sana I had a better camera and was a better photographer.


No stopping any time dapat pero dahil naka-red plate kami at mga taga-COA pa, deadma sila.



Kodakan at San Juanico Bridge.


We were in Samar in less than an hour.


At the "Pamunuan San Lalawigan Sa Leyte". This is where the governor holds office.


At the Leyte Park Resort Hotel.


At the Balyuan Ampitheater.


At the Sto. Nino Church.

After all the eating we did, we took a walk from COA to McArthur Park to burn all the excess carbs we packed. Malayo siya, promise. But, the view at the end was worth it.


The beginning of our trek to McArthur Park.


Hello, McArthur!!!


At the end our long walk.

Our trip to Leyte was short and sweet. It opened a window of possibility that when Jowell and I decide to leave the metro, we'd consider relocating in Tacloban. May UP naman dun, eh! Hahaha.

Thank you to the warm and beautiful people of COA Region 8 namely Ma'am Malou, Ma'am Odin, Ate Miray, Lyken, Ma'am Rose, Ma'am Ethel, Ate Esther, Mang Dong, and Mang Mario. My gratitude also extends to Dir. Ariesga, his staff, and the rest of COA Region VIII.

I will be back. Not for work, but for more play!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP