Monday, August 2, 2010

30-day Challenge: Day 24

Day 24- A letter to your parents

Warning: This could be too sentimental for your taste. ;)

Dear Papa and Mama,

Thank you is not enough to describe how grateful I am that God chose you to be my parents. Your love is immeasurable. Your kindness knows no boundaries. Your understanding is limitless. I am truly blessed.

You were my first friends. I shared my first tears and laughter with you. You were my first teachers. I learned sharing, trust, loyalty, integrity, and love from you. You were my first critics. I learned to laugh at my own mistakes and be better the next time around. I am what I am today because of you.

Papa, I have always wanted to marry someone like you. Someone who is strong on principles, but soft on children (and dogs). Someone who works hard to provide for our needs, but finds the time to take us to the park. Someone who is serious when dealing with important matters, but laughs the first during playtime. Jowell is close, but you'll forever be the number 1 man in my life.

Mama, I have always wanted to be like you. You have a successful career, a happy married life, and surrounded with lots of people who truly love you. You are a good lawyer, a better wife, and the best mother (and Mama Lola).

For all the good things you have shared with me, I'm going to pay it forward.

1 comment:

Isha Ocado said...

Sis,

kakaiyak naman itong sulat mo.. very touching. saket sa puso.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP