Wednesday, July 28, 2010

30-day Challenge: Day 19

Day 19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them



Growing up, my parents and relatives, called me Tingting (as in broomstick), which proved to ironic as I didn't grow up as thin as a walis tingting.

It was my kindergarten teacher, Teacher Nong, that called me Tintin. She asked me what my nickname is and I told her Tingting. She must have misheard it as Tintin or intentionally dropped the ng to make it sound more sosyal. Hahaha.

Then, my 6th grade best friend, Anna Mendoza, gave me the nickname Tetay. Our English teacher, Miss Maminta, called me Cristeta instead of Cristina in her roll call, thus, the birth of Tetay.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP