Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tintin Digest No. 1

I followed the lead of a batchmate. Instead of coming up with different titles every blog post, I decided to just call it "Tintin Digest No. xx". It's convenient and I wouldn't have to rack my brains and spend 1o minutes just trying to figure out a title. For those who don't know me personally, I can't start writing a story, a poem, a paragraph, and a blog entry without a title. Joanna's example has at least helped me to get over a writing hurdle. She's a genius. I wonder why I didn't think ot that? LOL
  • I've missed my favorites memes these past few weeks. I just got tired of dealing with the computer. Computer na nga sa office, computer pa sa bahay. Naloka ako. Hahaha. I'll be catching up, though.
  • There's this Flickr page that I frequent often. Sadly, when I checked it today, Nikki (the owner and a batchmate), had to keep it private because and I quote her:
"It has come to my attention that there are some people who wander over to my flickr to view these pics and misinterpret the images that i upload as "bragging" or showing off what i have, what i bought, etc."
Sad, sad, sad. I truly enjoyed visiting her site. I love her pics of his son Dwayne, their travels, her humble LV collection. While others misconstrue it as bragging, I find it enjoyable. Her Flickr page is like a book. It brings me to places I've never been, food I've never tasted, and probably things I'll never have - like an LV. Hahaha.

Nikki and I are not friends. We belonged to different cliques in high school. I do know, however, that she loves the good life. Why take it out on her? She can afford it. Work hard so you can play hard.

To Nikki, paano yan, wala ng magsa-save sa akin sa boredom when I'm at work? :P
  • I've been on SL for 2 days. My lower back is killing me and I can hardly move comfortably. I was supposed to go to Medical City today, but stupid, stupid me left my healthcard at home. I had no extra cash that I needed to go back home. Buti na lang, I live near pero tinamad na akong bumalik dahil ang init sa labas. Bukas na lng ulit.
  • Last Sunday, when we got home from church, there was a surprise waiting for us at the front yard. A huge inflatable swimming pool. Yahoo. So, maski alas-onse na ng gabi natapos mapuno ng tubig yung pool, nag-"swimming" pa din kami.

Ang lamig ng tubig. Sarap!
  • At siyempre, hindi papatalo si MiLo. He has graduated from the small pool to the big pool.
Araw-araw siyang nagswi-swimming. Enjoy na enjoy siya. On time, nilublob siya sa tubig. Pag-ahon, umiyak ng sandali at tuwang-tuwa na ulit. Sa awa ng Diyos, hindi naman sinipon.
  • I'm having a dilemma at work. Our team leads had imposed this stupid No VL for the next 30 days if you went on SL or EL. My argument is this. VLs are planned while SLs and ELs are not. Take my situation for example. On March 30 and 31, I need to go on a vacation leave because MiLo's nanny needs to go to the province to attend to something personal. My mom who helps me to take care of MiLo, is tasked to handle inquest cases for that week meaning she has to be at the office from 8AM to 5PM. My husband has graduation practice. I work for a call center and has the most flexible schedule to say the least. The thing is I wasn't able to go to work on March 2nd because I was not feeling well and March 30 and 31 are still on the 30-day rolling period. I'm stuck.
Last week, I've informed my supervisors if I can have my schedule adjusted from 7AM to 4PM to 10PM to 7AM so at least my mom would be able to look after him at night. Then, Jen, a friend of mine, pointed out how can I look after MiLo in the morning when I need to get some sleep so I can come to work at night. Oo nga naman. Kaya nga ako nagpa-adjust ng schedule, eh, para bantayan yung bata sa umaga, di ba?

I can ask Tin to swap RDs with me, but I need a Weds-Thurs off in April becuase of Jowell's graduation naman. Mina-migraine ako sa 30-day rule nila.

I emailed them my concerns and I haven't heard back. I told them that since we have that 30-day rule impleted, I have no other choice but to go on LOA (leave without pay) even if I have 10 or so available unused vacation leaves.

Our company's policy on leaves are vague. I so want to confront and question their policy, but you know what happens to those who question their authority, right? Read here. But if compromise fails, I really have no other choice, but to escalate the issue to our PM. I am well within my rights.
  • May napanaginipan ako. May bago daw kaming mga teammates. Tapos mag-isa lang ako na tenured agent at nag-meeting daw kami. Then, may isang newbie na nag-complain na nahihirapan daw siya at wala si Alex at si Tin. Wala daw siyang mapagtanungan. Na-offend ako kasi andun ako. Sabi nung isang newbie as if to defend me, eh, anjan naman si Tetay, nasa ibang bay lang.
Pagkagising ko inis na inis talaga ako. Nung dumating ako, walang seats sa bay namin, anong gusto niya, sa carpet ako umupo at bantayan sila maghapon? Naman! Nahirapan ako mag-setup sa ibang bay at ayoko nang lumipat tutal pa-queue empty na din naman.
Bad omen ba ito? Hahaha.
  • Thursday Thunks No. 11
1. The last flight of stairs you walked up/down - were the carpeted? No, these were the stairs going up to the MRT station.


2. Green or purple grapes? Either. I love grapes.

3. Do you like Peeps? Haven't tasted these yet.

4. The smell of Vicks - like it? Yes, but there was a rumor going around back in high school that inhaling too much Vicks will dry your brain. LOL

5. Do you put decorative cling-ons on your windows for different holidays? No, we have jalousie windows. But, I have different shirts for MiLo for different holidays.

6. Finish the sentence - I spent too much money on Havaianas.

7. Which celebrity should be flown into outer space or placed on a desert island? President GMA.

8. Would you support schools changing the "open" time? Such as 10am - 5pm, for example? We have "open" time here in the Philippines.

9. Do you go fishing? Yes, for information. Hahaha.

10. What question should we ask next week? On Easter, would you be an egg or a bunny?

I missed this. Glad to be back.

5 comments:

cricketsdrivel said...

Great answers :) Love your blog!

khimphotz said...

anu ba un VL nga eh. buti na lang kami naman ayos kahit nga nung taas absentism namin di naman apektado VL. hug hug kita tetay.....sana ma OK namn ung VL mo

tintintetay said...

@ cricketsdrivel

Thanks for dropping by. :)

@ khim

OK na. Nag-compromise na kami. Nadaan naman sa mabuting usapan.

Tinggay said...

natuwa naman ako to find out that you enjoy pala viewing my photos on flickr...if you have an account there, let me know so i can add you. all my photos are viewable only to friends and family na lang :) hindi man tayo magka barkada nung high school, the one thing i remember about you was when we both liked the guy who played Casper in the movie LOL! i know we spent a good chunk of our allowances that time buying Teen Beat and BOP hahahahah! :)

did i give you access na ba to my blog? i made it private na rin kasi....

tintintetay said...

@ Tinggay

oh, yes, i do. especially pics of dwayne. he's so nakakagigil. hope all's well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP