Saturday, January 24, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Saturday

The start of 2009 has been crazy. Well, at least for me. I haven't been my usual self, which is happy and optimistic. I even thought I was even suffering from post-partum depression and a case of separation anxiety from MiLo. The funny thing is I've given birth almost nine months ago. I guess I was just having an episode of post-holiday blues.

Since I started with Sutherland in 2006, I've always looked forward to going to work even if I had to wake up at 3:30 in the morning. I enjoyED work then, but lately it's been a drag. Waking up at 4:30AM (I now have a 7AM-4PM shift) has become tedious. I would make excuses to absent myself at work. I have suddenly developed a severe case of "work allergy". At the office, I would do what is expected of me, but with much resentment. I'd rather be anywhere than at the office.

I had a serious talk with my TL one day and discussed what's "wrong" with me. I told her as much as I could without really exposing my private life to a stranger. I told her I wanted to take a Leave of Absence as I was so burnt out from the office. I'm not sure if she understood me, but I felt better after talking to her.

Resignation is not an option until May 2009. There's Jowell's graduation and MiLo's 1st birthday to think of. Yes, I'm looking for other options, but I've no definite plans yet. Wish me luck.

And then, there are more important things in life than work like FAMILY. My little family is A-OK. Jowell is graduating from nursing school soon and MiLo's turning 9 months old this January 27th. Aside from the sipon, ubo, and lagnat he had a few days before the New Year, he's all better. His 2 teeth are starting to show.

And speaking of Jowell and MiLo, one Saturday, probably last Saturday, Jowell and I took MiLo to the mall to get him socks. It was our first time to go malling just the 3 of us. It was quite an experience. We dined at Shakey's and MiLo had his share of our meal. He had chocolate sundae. Seriously, we feed him anything and he eats everything.



He likes Wendy's Frosty, Mcdonald's chocolate sundae, and Shakey's paper tray lining. Hahaha. See the video to believe.

video
MiLo enjoying his tray liner.

More of little MiLo, since we don't have a spare room to convert as his playroom, we turned a small area in our library as his temporary playground. With all his toys, it's not surprising if the living room serves as an extension.




I was browsing Mama's mobile phone the last time and I saw MiLo's 1st picture in a grocery cart. LOL It's just too adorable not to share.



Isn't he just adorable? And he's still adorable even if he's dirty from eating.



One fine Saturday, Mama decided to have our afternoon snack in the front yard. We used to do it when we were little and though it looks kind of tacky now, I kind of missed it. I brings back good memories of my childhood.



Before I expose my son too much, haha, I've finally got my very 1st pair of Crocs courtesy of Jing's online store. You see my feet are too big that the local Crocs stores do not carry my size. Unfair, but with online seller's like Jing, who cares? Not me.


Oh, what big feet I have!

I'm glad that I'm back to my old jolly self. I've got 300++ more days to make-up for the lost times I've spent wallowing. Cheers to me for bouncing back.


1 comment:

Vayie said...

I have the very same feeling. Kinakaladkad ko na ang sarili ko para pumasok. The entire routine ---It's not working for me. However, just like you, I can't leave just yet. Not yet. For reasons I have already told you and the Mean Girls a million times already.

Hayyy. Sad itong post. Buti na lang may mga pics ni MiLo that made me smile. Ang laki na niya talaga!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP