Saturday, November 22, 2008

2008 Cute's Blogger Award

Thanks for the tag and the award, Vayie.


Here are the rules:
- Each blogger must post these rules.
- Each blogger starts with ten random facts/habits about themselves.
- Bloggers that are tagged need to write ten facts about themselves.
- You need to choose ten people to tag and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged and also to read your blog.


Here's my share of random facts:

1. Remember the now-defunct Family Feud on ABC 5 (now TV 5 Shake Mo, TV Mo) hosted then by Ogie Alcasid? Yes, that one. Out of boredom, Bru, Eboy, TD, and I joined back in 2001 (or 2002). We lost because I insisted on playing the round instead of passing as agreed. I knew the category well, which was animals on the Chinese astrology. Unfortunately, I was the only one on our team who knew the most. My brother thought the cat was included. Hehehe. In spite of my hard-headedness were doing OK until the last round. The category was "mga gulay na kasama sa pinakbet." That would be super easy sana because we are Ilocanos (born and raised in Manila), unfortunately our opponents were straight from Ilocos Norte (or Sur). Hahaha. We lost. Nonetheless, we had fun and we got to take home a stationary bike, a Guess wristwatch, a portable CD player, and 2 huge bean bags. We're thinking of joining again since the show has been revived on GMA 7 with Richard Gomez as host. Hahahaha.

2. I hate drinking milk. However, according to my mom, I still drank milk straight from the bottle until I was 5. Talk about being a baby damulag. Hahaha. I would go to school and come recess, I'll have my milk. Oh! *blush*

3. Jowell and I's full names, my maiden name at least, have the exact number of letters - 21.

4. For 11 years, I went to the same school, UP Integrated School. Unlike my sisters and my brother who transferred schools whenever we moved houses, I stayed in UPIS.

5. I started blogging on April 22nd 2005. My blog's first home was at Friendster. It has evolved from "The Beautiful Purple Mind of Tintin" to just "Surprisingly Beautiful" when I moved here.

6. I recently realized that I wanted to be an OB Sonologist. I'm not sure if they are considered doctors. Nonetheless, I want to be one. Maybe I'll pursue this after Jowell passes the nursing board exams.

7. Tuesdays are my lucky days. Here's an excerpt lifted from my old blog:

"I consider myself as a Tuesday girl though I was born on a Friday. Fridays child is loving and giving. Oh, well. True enough. Hahaha. Nonetheless, Tuesdays are still my favorite days. I even have a Tuesday prayer. It was taught to me by my cousin, Ate Manel, ages ago.

Oh, dear good Saint Anne
Please give me a wonderful surprise today.
Amen.
(Then, say 1 Our Father, 3 Hail Mary’s, and 1 Glory Be)

According to her, this prayer is better said in the morning or anytime before noon. I’ve recited this religiously ever since I can remember. That’s probably the reason why Tuesday has become my lucky day. Most of the most significant events in my life fell on a Tuesday. Jowell was actually born on a Tuesday and he is my significant other. Now, isn’t that remarkable? Hahaha. Going back, as far as I can remember, I’ve received job offers and signed contracts on Tuesdays. No kidding. The most recent was a call from Tita Precy. Moving on, I first met Jowell on a Tuesday. We became steady, you guessed it, on a Tuesday (July 15, 2003). His first time to come home with me and meet my entire family (except for Papa because he’s working and living out of town) was also on a Tuesday. It wasn’t planned. It just all happened on a Tuesday. It gets freaky sometimes, but when I’ve had a terrible weekend or a bad Monday, at least I always have my Tuesday to look forward to. And, I’ll never run out of luck. There are at least 60 Tuesdays in a year.

I can get married on a Tuesday. And, I wish that all my babies will be born on a Tuesday. And, hopefully I’ll get to rest in peace on a Tuesday, too.

On my tombstone it shall read:

"Of course, Tuesday. I’ m a Tuesday person.""

8. I'm a bag hag. I have quite a collection, but I still don't have the much coveted LVs or Hermès. Oh, I had a drawstring LV monogram back in college, but I'm not 100% sure of the authenticity. It came from the US and smells like real leather, but I'm no LV expert. I have a couple of RLs, a Kenneth Cole, Girbaud, Baby Phat, some Pinoy-made bags, and some brandless finds from the ukay-ukay. I'd like to add a Monogram Canvas Neverfull MM in my humble collection someday.

9. Remember Brylle Mondejar of the That's Entertainment's Tuesday group? I HAD a huge crush on him. Hahaha. Looking back, I can't help but laugh and wonder at the thought.

10. It's been 7 years since I've been credit cardless. I had 3 back then (2 principals and 1 supplementary), but when my entire bag was stolen inside our van, I cancelled everything and did not renew. Now, I'm thinking of getting one that has the lowest credit limit so I can sitll control my spending. Do you think it's a good idea?

Now, I'm sharing the award to:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP